Swedish IT Security Network for PhD Students
The Swedish IT-Security Network for PhD students (SWITS) was created in 2001 with the purpose
· To enhance cooperation between Swedish PhD candidates and research labs
· To identify PhD courseware usable on national level and make these available to participating departments
· To identify existing PhD courses at Swedish Universities/ University Colleges and make them available for all students within the network
· To participate in the organization of compact IT security courses or summer schools for PhD students at international level and open them for all students of the network
· To share outside/expert lecturers
IT security researchers and research groups of the following Universities/University Colleges are part of the network: Karlstad University, Chalmers University of Technology, Stockholm University, KTH, Skövde University, Linköping University, Örebro Univeristy, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Luleå University.
Annual 2-days SWITS seminars are held each spring in which:
· Supervisors give an overview to their research areas
· Ph.D. students have the possibility to present their research work, to get feedback and inspirations from other students and supervisors
· Research methodologies in IT security are discussed
· Introductory tutorials are given
A SWITS email distribution list (email@example.com), on which more than 40 network participants are currently subscribed, is used to distribute information about the SWITS seminars, IT security PhD courses, summer schools, courseware and IT security conferences/events.
SWITS is supported by MSB since 2010, and has in the past been supported by KBM and the Swedish KK-Foundation.